Monday, April 26, 2010

Poetry and Spirituality Starts Talking - April 2010

Monday, April 26, 2010

Hello and Welcome to my blog!

My intention is to talk together about how poems and poets speak spiritually... today and historically. I want to take a look together, to see how spirit is reflected, held, and shared in our "word-containers"...

What do you see, or believe you see behind a poet's words?

What spiritual essence is speaking out through a particular poem?

I would like to start talking about Thomas Merton's poetry because I need your opinions and shared experiences for a class I am taking and for a paper I am writing.


Later I want to talk about your poetry as well as about how other poets and the poetry reflect the spirit.

But let's start with Thomas Merton. This week I will be "immersed in Merton" and I appreciate your waiting to talk about other poetry.

Looking forward



2 comments:

  1. I like what you are doing Claudia--how about some more posts?
    David aka Elijah

    ReplyDelete