Friday, September 10, 2010

Blue Tassels




Tsitsit Tzitzit {tsee-tseeth'}

Living with the depression
flowing all around me
is difficult...
and I can clearly see

all of the displaced,
misplaced,
undercurrents
of anger -
the waves
fueling depression...
fed from underlying hurt...
violence beneath-
held back – pushed
into a hidden place

- compassionate LOVE
is the counterforce -
divinely received...


Breathe deeply…
soar on the updrafts
of God’s breath -
...float upon His Holy
Spirit’s current, the wind...

and remember His blue cord
tassel - a connection, a link
a reminder of His word
that says He will never let
a man-made adder’s trap
catch
a righteous woman or man.

September 10, 2010 – Claudia Duffee

Numbers 15:37-41 (New International Version)

Tassels on Garments
7 The LORD said to Moses, 38 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them:

'Throughout the generations to come you are to make tassels on the corners of your garments, with a blue cord on each tassel. 39 You will have these tassels to look at and so you will remember all the commands of the LORD, that you may obey them and not prostitute yourselves by going after the lusts of your own hearts and eyes. 40 Then you will remember to obey all my commands and will be consecrated to your God. 41 I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am the LORD your God.'

"The message of the tassel was: I am linked to the Lord God. Just like the blue sapphire pavement around the throne of God (
Exodus 24:10) - I am linked to Heaven. I belong to the Lord - not to this world. http://www.eliyah.com/tassels.html

1 comment:

  1. Claudia, your poetry is beautiful. I'm so glad that you are blogging it. Thank you for sharing.
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete